Funding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funding

Just wondering if there are any places I can apply for funding or grants to help or pay for the cost of a wheelchair and accessible vehicle. I am in Canada if that helps. I priced a vehicle that will fit our large family and have room to be made accessible, before modifying the starting price was 45,000. I also priced a wheelchair and before modifying that it was 3000. I am wondering if anyone can suggest places to contact. I have already tried the local hospital social worker, Easter seals, lions club and pc charity. All with no response, they were contacted last week and again today. Thanks for any help

I was just looking at some information on getting grants for medical equipment. My insurance denied my wheelchair and I can't afford to even buy a used one right now. I stumbled across this list of resources from the United Spinal Association. Not sure if any of them would be available in Canada but worth looking into. Here's the link to the page: http://www.spinalcord.org/resource-c...b.page&id=2971

Good luck to you, I hope you find the funding or grant you need!
    lipomyelomeningocele, tethered cord, nerve damage began as a young adult, still have lots to learn about living with SB!

Comment

Thank you , I will check it out.

Comment

Working...
      X