Hello!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!

I know I signed up two years ago,but I have now decided to introduce myself. My name is Rudy da Costa and I am a 32 year old who was diagnosed with Spina Bifida Meylomeningocele after birth. I was also born with Hydrocephalus. I was born and raised in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada. I have had many surgeries over the years. The first two surgeries were done after birth. in 1995, I had surgery to implant an artificial urinary sphincter. In the fall of 1999, due to infection and erosion, I had to have the device removed. So I was incontinent for a few months. Then in 2000, I had the mitrofanoff procedure done and it has made my quality of life easier. My last two surgeries were in Portugal where my mom, dad and I were living. I had an artifical bowel sphincter inplanted in me in 2007. A couple of weeks later, I had emergency surgery to move the device back where it was located because part of it was starting to poke through the belly. I have had this artificial bowel sphincter for over 10 years and it also made my life easier. No more enemas. I am looking forward meeting a lot of people on this forum.
    Last edited by George656; 03-19-2018, 09:39 PM.

Hi and welcome!
    "All you need is faith and trust... and a little bit of pixie dust!" --Peter Pan
    Read about our lives and travels on my blog Mom Off Track
    I am on twitter if you ever need to get me quickly or just want to chat about something!

Comment

Working...
    X